THE HOLLARD INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Confirmation of policy and information about financial services
You are purchasing an Ackermans Device Product.
This policy covers the chosen device for theft, loss, and accidental damage.
The benefits and terms & conditions are provided below.
Theft and loss
The insured device is covered if it is stolen or lost and not recovered.
The insured device is covered if it is unexpectedly and unintentionally damaged.
Your cover amount is reflected on the Premium table below.
Upon authorisation of a valid claim, we will select one of the following options:
- Option 1: We will replace the insured item.
- Option 2: We will replace the insured item with an item of similar features, value, and quality (if the make and model are no longer available on the market or from suppliers).
- Option 3: We will let you choose an alternative item with the option to pay the shortfall if the value is more than the maximum insured value. We will use this option only if we cannot replace the insured item with a similar make or model.
|Sum insured Value from||Up to value||Premium Charged|
|R1 001||R2 000||R55|
|R2 001||R3 500||R95|
|R3 501||R5 000||R143|
|R5 001||R8 000||R215|
- You are responsible for paying the policy premium reflected on the Premium table above every month via your Ackermans store account.
- Cover starts at the time of accepting our insurance offer and if we received the first premium.
- There is a 31-day grace period for you to pay your missed premium. If you fail to pay your premium during this period, the policy will stop, and you will not get the policy benefits. The premium grace period does not apply to the payment of the first premium on the inception of the policy.
- There are no annual premium increases, however, we may make changes to the premiums at any time due to the performance of the insurance product. We will notify you at least 31 days before the effective date of the changes. We will send you an updated policy schedule and an explanation of the changes.
- You have a cooling off period of 31 days within which you can cancel this insurance policy and any premiums paid will be refunded to you in full. This period starts when you receive your policy documents. You may not exercise this cooling-off option if you have already claimed under the policy or if the event for which the policy insures you has already happened. If you want to exercise this right, please contact us on 0860 100 111.
- You are responsible for the completion of all information required for taking out this insurance policy. Incorrect information supplied by you may affect your claim.
- It is your responsibility to provide accurate information. Misrepresentation, incorrect information, or non-disclosure by you of any material facts or circumstances may impact negatively on any claims arising from your insurance contract.
- Upon request we will issue you with the appropriate policy documents within a reasonable time
- A full list of policy conditions and exclusions is contained in your policy wording document.
If a claim is made within 90 days of insuring the device, an additional excess penalty fee of 30% of the replacement value of the insured device applies. This 30% is in addition to the standard excesses below.
Standard Excess on all claims:
- If your claim is approved, you will need to pay an excess. If you do not pay the excess, we cannot finalise the claim and give you a voucher to replace your phone.
- Hollard Insurance will also not pay if the claim is a result of:
- The cost of reproducing media and data stored on your device which may have been lost or destroyed.
- Loss or damage to mobile devices not listed on the policy schedule.
- Items which are in the process of being delivered.
- Theft from an unattended vehicle unless:
– the vehicle is locked; and
– the item is out of view and concealed in a locked boot or locked compartment; and
– there are clear signs of forced entry.
- Theft from an unattended vehicle because of remote jamming, unless there is video footage that proves the remote jamming.
- Electrical, electronic or mechanical breakdown, unless it is caused by other insured damage.
- Any claim that we are not told about within 30 days of the incident.
- Any theft or loss claim that you have not reported to the SAPS within 30 days from when the mobile device was stolen or lost.
- Accessories which do not affect the way your mobile device works. An example of this is a mobile phone case, but there could be other items.
- Items that you connect to your mobile device which expand its capability. An example of this is a memory card, but there could be other items.
- Any loss that occurs due to your mobile device being lost or damaged. One example is that there is no cover for decreased sales because of your loss of a mobile phone if you use it for work purposes.
- General loss or damage from:
– wear and tear, and maintenance,
– change in temperature or humidity, the action of light or climatic or atmospheric conditions unless these – – changes or actions are caused by storm, wind, water, hail or snow,
– the process of cleaning, altering, repairing, or restoring,
– mechanical or electrical breakdowns, failure, breakage, or derangement
– vermin, insects, termites, mildew, damp, corrosion, oxidation, or rust
– electronically conveyed viruses, erasure, or corruption of data
– confiscation and fines by customs or another authority
– a manufacturing defect (which is normally covered by the manufacturer’s warranty)
– damage caused by your own domestic animal
- Loss or damage caused by any type of riots, labour disturbances, strike, lock-out, or public disorder, and war or war-like acts that aim to further political objectives or social and economic change.
Protection of Personal Information
We care about the privacy, security and online safety of your personal information and we take responsibility to protect this information. We must collect and process some of your personal information to provide you with our products and services as required by insurance, tax and other legislation. We will share your personal information with other insurers, industry bodies, credit agencies and service providers. This includes information about your insurance, claims and premium payments. We do this to assess claims, prevent fraud and to conduct surveys. We may also share your personal information to trace you or your beneficiaries for any unclaimed benefits. You can check if unclaimed benefits are due to you by searching the central database on the Financial Sector Conduct Authority’s website – www.fsca.co.za.
Product Supplier Information
The product is underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited. (Reg No. 1952/003004/06), a Licensed Non-Life Insurer and an Authorised Financial Services Provider. Hollard is authorised to sell short -term products.
Address: 22 Oxford Road, Parktown, Johannesburg OR Postal: PO Box 87419, Houghton, 2041
Tel: 0860 666 675 OR Compliance Department: 0860 666 675.
Ackermans, a division of Pepkor Trading (Pty) Ltd, an Authorised Financial Services Provider.
About the Technology Provider (rather.chat)
RatherChat Holdings (Pty) Ltd (rather.chat) has been appointed to provide the chatbot technology solution to distribute this Device Product cover to Ackermans customers via WhatsApp.
About the Administrator (IUA) Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd)
IUA Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd (IUA) has been appointed by Hollard to manage this policy and perform certain binder functions on its behalf. IUA earns a binder fee of 3.75% of the premium for performing these functions. If you have a query, please contact IUA on 0861 375 878. Please have your policy number available when you contact IUA.
IUA’s Complaints department at Complaints@iua.co.za
About the Claims Administrator (Sohva)
Hollard has appointed Sohva (Pty) Ltd to perform certain policy admin and claims binder functions on Hollard’s behalf, as set out in a written binder agreement between Hollard and Sohva (Pty) Ltd. Sohva (Pty) Ltd receives a fee of 3.75% of GWP (including VAT) for performing these services. If you have a claim, please contact Sohva on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0860 226 266 and ask for a claims form.
Sohva’s Complaints department at email@example.com
Hollard’s Complaints Department can be contacted at Tel: 011 351 4150 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hollard Internal Adjudicator
If you are still unhappy after the response received from the Complaints Department; or administrator, you may email Hollard’s Office of the Internal Adjudicator. The Internal Adjudicator will investigate your complaint objectively and independently.
Detail of the FAIS Ombud:
Address: 11th Floor, Menlyn Central Office Building, 125 Dallas Avenue, Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria, 0010 OR Postal: PO Box 41, Menlyn Park, 0063
Tel: 012 762 5000/0860 066 3274 OR Fax: 012 348 3447 OR Email: email@example.com
Short-Term Insurance Ombudsman
110 Oxford Road, Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, 2198Postal: PO Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
Tel: 011 726 8900 OR Sharecall: 0860 726 890 OR Fax: 011 726 5501 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am aware that I have purchased the Ackermans Protect Device Insurance policy on a non-advice basis.
I freely chose to proceed with the sale on a non-advice basis. I confirm that I have read and understood the information contained in this document.
I would like to be contacted by Hollard and its third parties about any product offers available or details of upgraded benefits available.
I agree to the processing and sharing of my personal information.