THE HOLLARD INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Confirmation of policy and information about financial services
You are purchasing an Edgars Cell Phone Device Insurance policy.
This policy covers the chosen device for theft and loss, and accidental damage. A summary of the benefits and terms & conditions are provided below.
Theft and loss
The insured device is covered if it is stolen or lost and not recovered.
The insured device is covered if it is unexpectedly and unintentionally damaged.
Upon authorisation of a valid claim, we will select one of the following options:
- Option 1: We will replace the insured item.
- Option 2: We will replace the insured item with an item of similar features, value and quality (if the make and model is no longer available on the market or from suppliers).
- Option 3: We will let you choose an alternative item with the option to pay the shortfall if the value is more than the maximum insured value. We will use this option only if we cannot replace the insured item with a similar make or model.
- If one of the abovementioned events occur, the insured item will either be repaired or replaced.
- If the insured item was accidentally damaged and is repairable, we will pay for the repair to restore the item to its condition prior to the insured event. If repair costs exceed the insured value, we will replace it instead of repair and provide the replacement benefit below.
- If the insured item is lost, stolen or irreparably damaged, the benefit will not be paid in cash, but we will replace the item instore.
|Sum Insured Value||Up tp||Premium|
|R 0 –||R250||R33|
|R501 –||R1 000||R50|
|R1 001 –||R2 000||R68|
|R2 001 –||R5 000||R149|
|R5 001 –||R8 000||R255|
|R8 001 –||R12 000||R390|
- You are responsible to pay the policy premium reflected on the Premium table above every month via your Edgars store account, or by debit order from your nominated bank account.
- Premiums may only be paid monthly. This is an annual product, with premiums payable monthly.
- Pro-rata premiums will be needed for the payment of the first premium if a sale is not on the 1st of the month.
- Cover starts on the start date as noted on the policy schedule, if you pay the total premium that is due.
- There is a 31-day grace period for you to pay your missed premium. If you fail to pay your premium during this period, the policy will stop, and you will not get the policy benefits. If you have used your grace period, you cannot use it again until you have caught up all your outstanding premium payments. During the grace period, you will still be able to claim. If you have a claim during the grace period, we will deduct the outstanding payment from your claim amount. The premium grace period does not apply to the payment of the first premium on inception of the policy.
- Cover is only valid if a policy is purchased within 7 days of purchasing the insured item.
- There are no annual premium increases, however, we may make changes to the premiums at any time due to the performance of the insurance product. We will notify you at least 31 days before the effective date of the changes. We will send you an updated policy schedule and an explanation of the changes.
- You have a cooling off period of 31 days within which you can cancel this insurance policy and any premiums paid will be refunded to you in full. This period starts when you receive your policy documents. You may not exercise this cooling off option if you have already claimed under the policy or if the event for which the policy insures you has already happened. If you want to exercise this right, please contact us on 0878 20 20 24 or email@example.com
- We will accept a maximum of 3 claims within a 12-month period. When determining the excess amount, we will consider your total number of claims across all policies you have with us.
- You are responsible for the completion of all information required for taking out this insurance policy.
- It is your responsibility to provide accurate information. Misrepresentation, incorrect information, or non-disclosure by you of any material facts or circumstances may impact negatively on any claims arising from your insurance contract.
- You are purchasing the policy on a non-advice basis and freely choose to proceed on this basis.
- Upon request we will issue you with the appropriate policy documents within a reasonable time.
- A full list of policy conditions and exclusions is contained in your policy wording document.
- If the policy is ended due to unpaid premium, the policyholder may reinstate the policy within three months from the date of the last premium received if the premium is paid up to date. There will be no break in cover.
There are excesses applicable, detailed in the table below. If you have a claim within the first 90 days of insuring a device, there will an additional excess of 30% of the insured value of your device. If you do not pay your excess, we cannot repair or replace your device.
Standard Excess on all claims:
|Sum Insured Value||Up to||Premium||Excess Fee 1st Claim||Excess Fee 2nd Claim||Excess Fee 3rd Claim|
|R 0 –||R250||R33||R 10||R 25||R 50|
|R251 –||R500||R40||R 50||R 100||R 150|
|R501 –||R1 000||R50||R 100||R 200||R 300|
|R1 001 –||R2 000||R68||R 200||R 400||R 600|
|R2 001 –||R5 000||R149||R 500||R 1000||R 1500|
|R5 001 –||R8 000||R255||R 800||R 1600||R 2000|
|R8 001 –||R12 000||R390||R 1200||R 2400||R 3600|
- If your claim is approved, you will need to pay an excess. If you do not pay the excess, we cannot finalise the claim.
- Hollard Insurance will also not pay if the claim is a result of:
- The cost of reproducing media and data stored on your device which may have been lost or destroyed.
- Loss or damage to mobile devices not listed on the policy schedule.
- Items which are in the process of being delivered.
- Theft from an unattended vehicle unless:
- the vehicle is locked; and
- the item is out of view and concealed in a locked boot or locked compartment; and
- there are clear signs of forced entry.
- Theft from an unattended vehicle because of remote jamming, unless there is video footage that proves the remote jamming.
- Electrical, electronic or mechanical breakdown, unless it is caused by other insured damage.
- Any claim which we are not told about within 30 days of the incident.
- Any theft or loss claim which you have not reported to the SAPS within 30 days from when the mobile device was stolen or lost.
- Accessories which do not affect the way your mobile device works. An example of this is a mobile phone case, but there could be other items.
- Items which you connect to your mobile device which expand its capability. An example of this is a memory card, but there could be other items.
- Any loss that occurs due to your mobile device being lost or damaged. One example is that there is no cover for decreased sales because of your loss of mobile phone if you use it for work purposes.
- General loss or damage from:
- wear and tear, and maintenance,
- change in temperature or humidity, the action of light or climatic or atmospheric conditions unless these changes or actions are caused by storm, wind, water, hail or snow,
- the process of cleaning, altering, repairing or restoring,
- mechanical or electrical breakdowns, failure, breakage or derangement
- vermin, insects, termites, mildew, damp, corrosion, oxidation or rust
- electronically conveyed viruses, erasure or corruption of data
- confiscation and fines by customs or another authority
- a manufacturing defect (which is normally covered by the manufacturer’s warranty)
- damage caused by your own domestic animal
- Loss or damage caused by any types of riots, labour disturbances, strike, lock-out, or public disorder, and war or war-like acts which aim to further political objectives or social and economic change.
There are other exclusions that are listed in your policy, and we encourage you to check these when you receive your policy documents.
Protection of Personal Information
We care about the privacy, security and online safety of your personal information and we take responsibility to protect this information. We have to collect and process some of your personal information to provide you with our products and services as required by insurance, tax and other legislation. We will share your personal information with other insurers, industry bodies, credit agencies and service providers. This includes information about your insurance, claims and premium payments. We do this to assess claims, prevent fraud and to conduct surveys. We may also share your personal information to trace you or your beneficiaries for any unclaimed benefits. You can check if unclaimed benefits are
due to you by searching the central database on the Financial Sector Conduct Authority’s website – www.fsca.co.za.
Product Supplier Information
The product is underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company Limited. (Reg No. 1952/003004/06), a Licensed Non-Life Insurer and an Authorised Financial Services Provider. Hollard is authorised to sell short -term products.
Address: 22 Oxford Road, Parktown, Johannesburg OR Postal: PO Box 87419, Houghton, 2041
Tel: 0860 666 675 OR Compliance Department: 0113515000/0860 666 675.
Edgars is a division of Retailability (Pty) Ltd
Physical Address 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, Durban KZN,
4051 Tel: +27 31 010 0800
About the Technology Provider (rather.chat)
RatherChat Holdings (Pty) Ltd (rather.chat) has been appointed to provide the chatbot technology solution to distribute this Cell Phone Device Insurance cover to Edgars customers via WhatsApp.
About the Administrator (IUA)
IUA Business Solutions (Pty) Ltd performs the policy administration for your policy and earns a binder fee of 5.5% for performing this function. IUA is an Authorised Financial Services Provider. Their physical address is: Cnr.
Keynsham and Umhlanga Rocks Drive, 19 Crewkerne Close, Somerset Park,
Umhlanga Rocks, 4319 and their postal address is: PO Box 1800, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320.
If you have a query, please contact IUA Business Solutions on 0878202024 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have your policy number available when you contact IUA Business Solutions
About the Claims Administrator (Sohva)
Hollard has appointed Sohva (Pty) Ltd to perform certain policy admin and claims binder functions on Hollard’s behalf, as set out in a written binder agreement between Hollard and Sohva (Pty) Ltd. Sohva (Pty) Ltd receives a binder of 12% fee (including VAT) for performing these services. Their physical address is 1st floor, 61 Katherine Street, Sandton, 2196If you have a claims query, please contact Sohva on 0860 226 266 or email@example.com Please have your policy number available when you contact Sohva
Hollard’s Complaints Department can be contacted at: Tel: 011 351 4150 OR: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hollard Internal Adjudicator
If you are still unhappy after the response received from the Complaints Department; or administrator, you may email Hollard’s Office of the Internal Adjudicator. The Internal Adjudicator will investigate your complaint objectively and independently.
Detail of the FAIS Ombud:
Address: 125 Dallas Avenue Menlyn Central, Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria 0010 OR Postal: PO Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040
Tel: 012 762 5000 OR Fax: 012 348 3447
OR Email: email@example.com
Short-Term Insurance Ombudsman
1st Floor, Block A, 1 Sturdee Ave, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
Postal: PO Box 32334, Braamfontein, 2017
Tel: 011 726 8900 OR Sharecall: 0860 726 890 OR Fax: 011 726 5501 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org