The Old Mutual Group would like to offer you ongoing financial services and may use your personal information to provide you with information about products or services that may be suitable to meet your financial needs.
The Old Mutual Group may use, share or obtain your personal information (including criminal and/or health information) for the following purposes:
- Assessment and processing of claims
- Where applicable, credit reference searches or verification, credit scoring and assessment and credit management
- Verification of personal information (including your identity, address and banking details)
- Updating your personal information
- Claims checks (Industry Life & Claims Register(s))
- Tracing beneficiaries
- Debt tracing or debt recovery
- Tracing you where you are uncontactable
- Prevention and detection of fraud, crime, money laundering (including anti-money laundering screening) or other malpractice
- Market or customer satisfaction research or statistical analysis
- Audit & record keeping purposes
- Compliance with legal & regulatory requirements and in connection with legal proceedings
- Sharing information with service providers we engage to process such information on our behalf or who render services to us. These service providers may be abroad, but we will not share your information with them unless we are satisfied that they have adequate security measures in place to protect your personal information.
You agree that Old Mutual may view, search and update your information.
You may access your personal information that we hold and may also, under certain circumstances, request us to correct any errors or to delete this information. In certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
To view our full privacy notice and to exercise your preferences, please visit our website on www.oldmutual.co.za