- I understand that the information provided by me, and any documents required by Safrican shall be the basis of the policy.
- I declare that the information provided by me is true and complete.
- I declare that I will inform Safrican of any changes to any relevant details, including my address, to enable Safrican to communicate with me.
- I allow Safrican to get information from any person including but not limited to a medical practitioner, who I will allow and request to give, in this application or in any related or other document.
- I acknowledge the information and mandate provided by me for Safrican to collect the premiums for this policy.
- I (the policy holder) consent to the use of this affirmations on my digital application as my legally binding signature in affirming these declarations.
- I (the policy holder) understand that this digital application binds me in the same manner as if I had signed a paper copy of this document with an ink pen. I will not contest the validity or enforceability of any electronic document I have affirmed by this digital application.
- I grant permission to Safrican to arrange for the payment of my premiums from my nominated bank with a debit order. This mandate includes premium increases over the lifetime of the policy, and I grant permission to Safrican to gather information from my nominated bank, my employer and third parties to facilitate the payment process.
- I allow Safrican to change the date that they take the money from my bank account to be the date that I get my salary or to a date that Safrican needs it to be for operational reasons within its business.
- I agree that a debit against my bank account may be done by using the NAEDOS system or Authenticated Collections system, used by the banks, which allows for tracking, and I am aware that this is a special debit order.
- I acknowledge and confirm the following exclusions Countries where cover is excluded: Safrican will not admit a claim if you die in any in one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Angola: Cabinda Province, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran Islamic Republic of), Iraq, Lebanon, Libya (Libyan Arab Jamahiriya), Mali, Nigeria: Niger delta, North Korea, Pakistan, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Yemen. Countries where cover is limited: If you die in one of the following countries and Safrican admits a claim, Safrican will limit the cover amount to 70%: Angola (excluding Cabinda Province), Azerbaijan, Belarus, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gough Island, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire), Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Marion Island, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria (excluding Niger delta), Palestine, Philippines, Russian Federation, Sierra Leone, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Zimbabwe. Cover for foreigners: Cover is not available for foreigners who do not live in South Africa or for foreigners who live in South Africa without valid travelling documents. If you are a foreigner and are living in South Africa with valid travelling documents, your benefits will be restricted to claim events in South Africa only, because of this limited residence status.
- I acknowledge and confirm the following:
I acknowledge and confirm that:
Protection of Personal Information
Safrican, a subsidiary of Sanlam Limited, will process and safeguard your personal information as required by the relevant laws and the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa. Your personal information is processed, analysed, and stored for the purposes for which it was collected, to:
- Conclude and administer this application, which may include underwriting;
- Allow for the collection of payments;
- Assess and process claims, and to do mandatory checks;
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, including industry codes of conduct; include service providers in other jurisdictions for lawful purposes and for the conclusion of contracts;
- Protect and pursue the legitimate interests of Safrican and any third parties;
- Prevent Loss, fraud;
- Share with other business units and companies* which are part of the Sanlam Group to market our financial products and services which we deem similar, with the aim of affording you the opportunity of taking up some of the financial products or services to fulfil your needs;
- Share with other business units and companies* which are part of the Sanlam Group for the purposes of administering your membership to a loyalty/rewards/wellness or benefit programme;
- Share with external benefit providers which are not part of the Sanlam Group in order to provide you with benefits which stem from your membership to a loyalty/rewards/wellness or benefit programme; and
- Include further purposes related to the above.
If you do not give us the required information, Safrican cannot offer you our products or services. Further processing and storage may require that we send your personal information to service providers outside of the Republic of South Africa on Safrican behalf. Unless we have a binding agreement with the service provider which ensures that it effectively adheres to the principles for processing of information in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act No 4 of 2013, we will not send your personal information to a country that does not have substantially similar laws to that of the Republic of South Africa which provide for the protection of personal data.
You have the right to:
- Remotely access or request a copy of your personal information as processed by us;
- Ask for an update and/or correction of your personal information;
- Object to your information being used for any marketing campaign; and
- Opt-out at any time.
A comprehensive list of the business units and legal entities can be found on www.sanlam.co.za. For any further enquiries or if you need assistance with your right to opt-out or personal information queries, please contact Safrican on 010 880 5055 or firstname.lastname@example.org